This recipe fro Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken was developed in the early days of this blog. It is such a delicious dish and a great way to transform chicken into something spectacular! I may re-shoot at some time, but I also think it is great to show that progress can be made if we simply keep at something. Here is a great collection of more recent recipes I created.
Yesterday we travelled to the far east for a little inspiration. Here is our take on lemongrass chicken, Vietnamese style…
In a time when getting a good, healthy meal on the table is a premium, this recipe is practical enough for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, yet lavish enough as part of a leisurely grand Sabbath or Sunday meal. That is one of the strengths as a Cooking Coach, I am extremely efficient and effective in the kitchen. In fact, my entire kitchen philosophy could easily be summarised as “In and out!”
Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken
I have never physically been to Vietnam, (though it’s on my bucket list of great places for culinary travel). I make up for my lack of physical travel through the virtual cooking experience of making the dish at home and feeling as if I have just landed in Vietnam. Until I actually do, this takes me very close to the real thing!
- 1 kg (2lbs) chicken breast,
- 3 stalks lemongrass,
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger,
- 3 cloves garlic,
- 2 lime leaves,
- 1 red chili (seed removed),
- 2 stalks spring onion (scallion),
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil,
- salt to taste.
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch cubes, add chopped seasonings and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat wok or pan and add 3 tbsp sunflower oil (or other cooking oil) to coat.
- Stir fry chicken in a oiled hot wok until cooked. This should take about 10minutes. Be sure not to overcook it.
- Serve quickly! Goes well with broccoli steamed in ginger and garlic or jasmine rice.
Follow me on Instagram and YouTube as well as Facebook! If you are on twitter and Tik Tok, add me there as well. I am @chefandsteward everywhere! You can also join my FB Group over on the right. All direct social links are also there.